Do you know how to reduce stretch marks with natural remedies?
Stretch marks are white or yellow lines. They usually appear because of the breakage of elastic fibers in your skin. This could be because of hormonal changes, or because you’ve lost and gained weight continually.
They mostly affect pregnant women. This is due to how much their skin has to stretch during their pregnancy.
However, it’s also normal for people who are overweight, dehydrated, and those who have other problems that come with a sedentary lifestyle.
They are notoriously on areas like your abdomen, behind, and legs. Even though they aren’t severe, many people think they’re a beauty problem.
Luckily, apart from commercial treatments, there are home remedies for them. These remedies are made with natural ingredients that help you to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Home Remedies to Reduce Stretch Marks
In this article, we want to share five good recipes that can help to reduce stretch marks. Don’t wait to add them to your beauty routine.
1. Egg whites and lemon juice
This nighttime treatment has essential amino acids, vitamins, and natural fibers. These compounds help repair your skin. They also reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Both the egg whites and the lemon juice have a firming effect. Among other things, this keeps your skin from getting flabby.
- 1 egg white
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Beat the egg white and mix it with the lemon juice.
- Rub this treatment on your stretch marks. Let it work for 40 minutes.
- When the treatment is dry, rinse it off with warm water and apply a moisturizing cream.
- Use this treatment at least 3 times per week to get good results.
2. Coconut and chamomile oil
For this treatment, you’ll mix the fatty acids from coconut oil with the anti-inflammatory and reparative effects of chamomile oil. doing this gives you a natural product that restores the beauty of your skin if you have stretch marks or scars.
Both ingredients stimulate the skin fiber regeneration. This reduces how much you can see the marks.
- 3 tbsp. of organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. of chamomile oil
- Put the coconut oil in a container and mix it with the chamomile oil.
- Take this treatment in your hands and apply it with smooth massages on the areas you want to use it.
- Let it absorb without rinsing it off. Use it every night.
3. Cocoa butter and wheat germ
If you combine cocoa butter with wheat germ, you get a cream that’s rich in vitamin E. It also has fatty acids and amino acids that help regenerate the areas that are affected by this beauty problem.
These ingredients hydrate the deep layers of your skin. Plus, they help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- 3 tbsp. of cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp. of wheat germ oil
- Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler. When it has completely melted, mix in the wheat germ oil.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight glass jar and let it sit until it cools.
- Rub this cream all over your stretch marks. Massage it until it absorbs well.
- Use this treatment 2 to 3 times per day.
4. Apricots and almond oil
Apricots have antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. These substances deeply feed your skin. This improves the skin growth process.
In this case, you’re making the most of its effects with the well-known almond oil. This gives you a natural cream that helps you reduce stretch marks.
- 2 apricots
- 3 tbsp. of almond oil
- Take the meat of the apricots and crush it until you get a paste.
- Then, mix in the almond oil.
- Apply this treatment to the parts of your body that have stretch marks. Let it work for 40 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Repeat this treatment at least 3 times per week.
5. Aloe vera and linseed oil
Aloe vera gel has antioxidants. These can speed up your skin’s healing process. This prevents noticeable marks.
For this treatment, we’ll mix it with the omega 3 fatty acids in linseed oil. This gives you an effective anti-stretch mark cream.
- 5 tbsp. of aloe vera gel
- 3 tbsp. of linseed oil
- Mix the aloe vera gel with the linseed oil. Do this until you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Apply this treatment on the areas that you want to treat. Then, let it work for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Afterward, rinse it off with cold water and repeat this treatment every night.
Are you trying to reduce stretch marks? If so, remember that besides using these remedies, it’s important to increase the amount of water you drink and you need to watch your eating habits.