It turns out that this small, yet incredibly powerful seed is able to eliminate MRSA, treat a body poisoned by chemical weapons, support regeneration of damaged beta cells in the pancreas of diabetes patients and only a small number of people are aware of the black seed existence.
Nigella Sativa is an annual flowering plant that creates these seeds known for their medicinal properties for hundreds of years. In English-speaking countries, these seeds are usually called black sesame, Roman coriander, onion seed, black caraway or black cumin. But, the most commonly used name today is black seed.
Black Seed Has Been Cultivated More Than Three Millennia Ago…
There is a written record related to cultivated black seed and its use in ancient Egypt. As a matter of fact, black seed oil was discovered in the Tutankhamen’s tomb. Tutankhamen was an Egyptian Pharaoh who died about 3,300 years ago.
In many Arabic countries, black seed is called Habbatul barakah which means the seed of blessing. According to some sources, even the Islamic prophet Mohammed has confirmed that black cumin is a remedy for every known disease except death. The vast majority of black seed’s supposed health benefits were confirmed with the help of scientific studies.
In the last 50 years, there were over 450 peer-reviews, published scientific studies focused on black cumin. There are more than 40 health issues that may be eased, soothed or cured with the help of black seed. It also provides more than twenty different effects including:
- Anti-diabetic (gluconeogenesis)
- Liver protecting
- Interferon inducer
- Insulin sensitizing
- Leukotriene antagonist
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha blockade
- Kidney protecting
We have mentioned 22 pharmacological effects that represent just a subset of a higher number of medicinal properties associated with black seed. To be honest, black seed is great, but this is just one of the many plants and herbs that have a positive impact on our biological pathways.
According to some sources, science has identified tens of thousands of herbs and plants that have exceptional medicinal value. Their properties were confirmed with the help of thousands of scientific studies. For instance, let’s talk about turmeric. The studies have shown that turmeric can help people in more than 600 health conditions.
What Does Scientific Research Say About Black Seed
Black seed has been tested for different health issues and conditions. Most people today use it to treat:
- Type 2 diabetes – Just two grams of this seed per day can lead to lowered fasting glucose, lower insulin resistance, better beta-cell function, and lower glycosylated hemoglobin in people.
- Helicobacter Pylori infection – black seeds provide anti-Helicobacter Pylori effects. These natural effects can be compared to the effects of triple eradication therapy.
- Hypertension – if you use between 100 and 200 milligrams of black seed two times a day for 60 days, you might be able to stabilize your blood pressure. This is especially useful for patients suffering from mild hypertension.
- Epilepsy – black seeds were used for their anticonvulsive effects for a long time. A study published about ten years ago focused on epileptic kids who could not witness positive effects with the traditional drug treatment approach has confirmed that black seed extract can drastically reduce seizure episodes.
- Chemical weapons injuries – a placebo-managed human scientific study of patients injured by chemical weapons has shown that black seed boiled water extracts soothe respiratory signs and symptoms, pulmonary problems and chest wheezing. They have also lowered the need for classic drug treatment.
- Acute tonsillopharyngitis – this health condition is often recognized by pharyngeal and/or tonsil inflammation (a sore throat is one indicator), and it is usually viral when it comes to the cause. Thanks to black seed capsules mixed with Phyllanthus niruri, people are able to ease throat pain and cut the use of pain killers.
- Asthma – Black cumin has a few active ingredients and thymoquinone is one of them. What’s interesting is that thymoquinone is much better compared to the well-known pharmaceutical drug fluticasone used for treating asthma. A scientific study has shown that black seed boiled water extracts can ease throat pain and lower the pain killer dosage needed by patients.
- Narcotics addiction and withdrawal – a scientific study which included 35 narcotics addicts discovered that black seed can assist full treatment of narcotics dependence.
- MRSA – black seed provides antibacterial effects which mean that it’s good in fighting clinically isolated samples of the Staphylococcus aureus. Colon cancer – studies analyzing cells have discovered that extract of black seed provides similar results as the ones provided by chemo agent 5-fluorouracil when it comes to inhibiting the growth of colon cancer.
However, in this case, the side effects are minimal or non-existent. Animal studies have shown that black seed oil can block colon cancer growth in lab rat without causing any side effects.
It seems that size doesn’t matter at least when it comes to black seeds. As the old saying goes – big things can come in small packages. This is quite natural because the seeds contain the material for new life.
In case we know what seeds are all about, how much life is part of it, we won’t be surprised to hear that seeds like a black seed have the ability to heal people from chemical weapon poisoning, those affected by antibiotic resistant bacteria or encourage the regeneration of heavily damaged beta cells in diabetes sufferers. These are just some of the many positive effects of black seed.
Of course, pharmaceutical drugs can help people too, but have you ever thought about the price that comes with this healing? Of course, we are not talking only about the money – we are talking about the side effects too.
We should not forget that many pharmaceutical companies depend on the sales of their products and they certainly won’t recommend a remedy that comes from nature.
According to many naturopaths and independent experts, it is the right time to embrace herbs, plants, seeds, food, clean water, air, sunlight, and love in order to heal ourselves from a wide range of health issues. In this way, we can allow our body to heal itself.
Modern science and medicine are corrupted and profit-driven which means that they are compromised. We should never try to heal one health issue by creating another one. Natural remedies like black seed can address the true problem in our bodies and heal us for good. This is definitely one of the best gifts of nature you can use to improve your health.