Thanks to the properties in its ingredients, this natural sunscreen recipe can be one of your best allies for protecting your skin against the sun’s damaging effects. Try it!
Constantly exposing your skin to the sun’s ultraviolet rays is one of the factors related to several skin issues. These include spots, wrinkles, and other signs of premature aging, so you need to protect it with sunscreen.
You don’t always see it at first. But, UV rays cause irreversible cellular damage. As time goes on, this can cause skin cancer or melanoma.
The worst thing is that its effects aren’t always immediately visible. Despite sunburns, most people ignore taking the necessary precautions to minimize the impact of the sun. Because of this, there are many products on the market that have protecting properties. They also reduce dryness and other negative effects associated with the sun.
Among the options out there is a 100% natural cream. This combines many ingredients that are beneficial for your skin. In this article, we want to share its main properties and an easy natural sunscreen recipe so you can make it at home.
Homemade Natural sunscreen
This natural sunscreen recipe is made by mixing ingredients that are full of nutrients and other benefits for your skin.
The main active ingredient is zinc oxide. This is a substance that makes a protective barrier against the sun. Because of this, it reduces damage to your skin and its cells. This is usually found in some commercial sunblocks sold in stores. Though, in this case, it offers less protection.
You can also benefit from the benefits of beeswax. This is known in the cosmetic world for its hydrating, antioxidant, and regenerative properties. This ingredient is full of essential nutrients. After being absorbed by your skin, it helps to balance your pH and moisture levels.
Also, we’re going to use the prestigious coconut oil and aloe vera. These two ingredients are highly moisturizing. They are usually used as an alternative to many conventional beauty products.
Using them on a regular basis reduces the damage caused by free radicals. They also fight excessive dryness caused by toxins and sweat gland production imbalances.
Also, their regenerative, refreshing, and antimicrobial properties help to take care of sun damage. They cure burns and reduce tissue death.
DIY Natural Sunscreen Recipe
Because of the nourishing and nutritious ingredients this natural cream has, it’s recommended for all skin types.
Applying it doesn’t cause excessive greasiness. It also doesn’t cause problems with dilated pores that tend to get blocked.
However, it’s important to clear up that the compounds should be 100% natural. This is because this will keep the full strength of the properties.
There are many cheaper brands. But, these are usually refined products. As a result of their processing, they have a lower nutritional quality.
- 1 cup of solid coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. of beeswax
- 2 capsules of vitamin E
- 5 tbsp. of pure zinc oxide
- 4 tbsp. of natural aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp. of grapefruit extract
- A glass jar with a lid
- A wooden spoon
- Put the solid coconut oil in a heat resistant container and put it in a double boiler.
- Let it melt for a few minutes. Then, add the bees wax.
- Stir it with a wooden spoon. Make sure that both ingredients are mixed well.
- Then, take it off of the heat and mix it with the two vitamin E capsules.
- Wait a few seconds and add the zinc oxide and the aloe vera gel.
- Keep stirring. Before it solidifies, pour it into the glass jar with a lid and add the grapefruit extract.
- Cover the cream and let it rest in a cold dark place.
How to use it:
- After getting making the cream, take a little with your fingertips. Apply it on the areas you want to protect.
- Be sure to rub it until it absorbs well. Let it work without rinsing it off.
- Use it every day. You should use it twice a day if it’s very sunny.
Are you worried about the effects of the sun on your skin? Try making this natural cream. Give yourself extra protection and nutrients to stay healthy.