Vaginal yeast infections are a common problem for many women, and some suffer from it frequently.
These infections cause discomfort or itchiness. As a result, they can really get in the way of a woman’s daily routine or romantic relationships. So, it’s always a good idea to treat them in a natural way as soon as possible.
In this post, we’re going to share 3 garlic-based home remedies. Garlic is a natural, powerful anti-fungal that’ll help us eliminate the vaginal yeast infections quickly and effectively.
Vaginal yeast infections
Most women have suffered from a yeast infection at some point in time or even in a frequent manner.
Even though our vagina has a natural flora of microorganisms, the problem occurs when some of them spread too much due to different factors:
- Hormonal changes (during menopause, for example),
- Antibiotics, steroids and contraceptive pills,
- Excessive heat and humidity,
- Being overweight,
- Synthetic interior wear,
- A diet that’s too high in sugar and refined foods.
The most common symptoms of vaginal yeast infections are irritation, itching, swelling and white fluid secretion.
When our immune system is working as it should, the body’s defenses will take charge of re-balancing the microorganisms.
The most common vaginal yeast infection is caused by Candida albicans. Many women have had it to some degree. Actually, some might have even had it wouldn’t knowing it.
We want to highlight that almost all women have this bacteria in our body. However, it’s normally in balance and doesn’t cause health problems.
Once you start noticing the first symptoms, you should treat the infection with these natural remedies or with another appropriate treatment.
Preventing or treating the candidiasis quickly is essential because it can spread to the other parts of your body: digestive system, respiratory system, etc.
The benefits of garlic
Garlic is a medicinal food that has treated many ailments from centuries ago. It’s known for being a wonderful antibiotic without any side-effects as well as for its capacity to improve blood circulation and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that fights cellular aging that gives off free radicals. Not to mention, it’s purifying properties help the body eliminate built-up toxins.
All of this makes garlic a great preventative remedy to keep you healthy.
In the case of yeast infections, garlic is a powerful aid. Thanks to its high allicin content, it fights off a wide range of bacterial and viruses.
In light of this, we should remember that in addition to all of the benefits we can enjoy from consuming garlic, we can also use it topically.
3 Home remedies for vaginal yeast infections
1. Directly inserting garlic
The simplest home remedy consists in putting half a clove of recently cut garlic into your vagina.
For easy extraction, you can use a needle to sew a thread onto the garlic so you can take it out easily like a tampon. By doing so, you don’t risk losing it later.
Leave the garlic in for the entire night, as long as it doesn’t cause any serious discomfort or irritation. You might notice a light itch or burning sensation.
By using this simple remedy, the garlic will release its allicin gradually and eliminate the yeast infection.
2. Garlic pouch
If you want to use a slightly more elaborated remedy, you can do the following:
- Crush two or three cloves of garlic.
- Wrap them in a sterilized gauze as if you wanted to make a little pouch. Tie the pouch securely.
- Insert the pouch into your vagina as you would a tampon, leaving the knot outside.
- Leave it in for a maximum of 4 hours. It’s extremely important that you don’t leave it in for longer to prevent serious irritation to your intimate area.
3. Garlic oil
If you want to try a more comfortable option, you can buy capsules of garlic oil. Stores sell this supplement to make it easier for people who need a garlic supplement in their diets. However, you can also take advantage of them for topical use.
- Open one capsule and empty the oil onto a panty-liner.
- Stick the liner onto your underwear and allow the natural heat and humidity to activate the main ingredients.
- They’ll make direct contact with your vaginal canal by traveling through the heat, without you having to insert garlic into your vagina.
Via: DiyRemedies | MidwiferyToday