Absence of moisturizing and hydration, improper cleansing, and your daily habits (like smoking or not exercising) can lead to dull, wrinkled, abused skin and large pores.
Below we’ll tell you about some homemade remedies that can shrink large pores and give you a more beautiful, youthful face.
Natural remedies to shrink large pores
Sometimes you can only see them in magnifying glasses but other times they’re in plain sight.
Large pores are a common problem from the time you reach 25 or 30, and if you don’t treat them in time, they can be very difficult to improve.
That’s why we recommend using homemade creams at the first sign of enlarged pores. And don’t forget to moisturize and wash your face daily in order improve your skin overall.
Take a look at these homemade recipes to shrink large pores:
1. Egg and oat mask
Egg whites contain many different nutrients that tone and strengthen your skin. And oats act as an exfoliant, while lemon clears up your skin.
Together, these ingredients regulate your body’s natural production of oil. We recommend applying this mask at night because the lemon can stain your skin if it comes in contact with the sun.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice (20 ml)
- 2 tbsp. of oats (20 g)
- Beat the egg white and add it to the lemon juice.
- Keep mixing and add the oats.
- Once you obtain a well-mixed paste, apply to your previously washed face.
- Make circular movements to exfoliate.
- Rinse with warm water.
2. Cucumber mask
When you think about beauty treatments, you picture a woman with cucumber slices on her eyes… and it’s true, they are awesome!
You can use the vegetable to shrink large pores and make your face look firmer and radiant.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tbsp. of cornstarch (20 g)
- Peel the cucumber and process in a blender. You could also grate it very finely.
- Add the cucumber and cornstarch to a container.
- Mix until a thick paste is formed.
- Apply to your face, previously washed, with circular movements.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Use a moisturizing cream once finished.
3. Almond mask
Grated or ground nuts can be a perfect homemade exfoliant.
- ⅓ cup of almonds (70 g)
- 3 tbsp. of water (30 ml)
- Grate or grind up the almonds until a powder is obtained.
- Mix with the water to form a grainy paste (you can use a bit more or less water).
- Apply the paste with circular movements, starting with your nose and moving towards your cheeks, forehead, and chin.
- Let sit for 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Repeat twice a week.
4. Tomato lotion
This garden fruit has a high-water content and therefore is used when you spend too much time in the sun and get burnt.
Tomatoes contain potassium, which reduces the appearance of spots on your skin. Thus, they are great for enlarged pores.
All you have to do is apply homemade tomato juice to your face with a cotton ball after showering. Repeat every night.
5. Milk serum
You can find it at perfume shops and beauty stores. This ancient homemade remedy doesn’t just clear up your skin but also minimizes the size of your pores.
- After washing your face before going to bed, apply a bit of milk serum with a cotton ball.
- Let rest for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- If you don’t have milk serum, you can do the same but with natural (sugarless) drinkable yogurt.
6. Baking soda mask
Baking soda is a staple in everyone’s home, useful in cleaning, beauty, and health. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help with acne and large pores.
- 2 tbsp. of baking soda (20 g)
- 2 tbsp. of warm water (20 ml)
- Add the baking soda and water to a container.
- Mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply to your face with circular movements to exfoliate well.
- Let sit for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water.
7. Papaya mask
This tasty tropical fruit is amazing for your skin.
You can use the peel as a homemade remedy to shrink large pores. It’s very easy:
- Smooth the inner side of the skin over your face.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and wash with warm water.
8. Honey mask
Honey is a wonderful sweetener we use in cooking and tea, but it is also a powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory with the ability to significantly improve the appearance of your skin.
It fights acne and skin blemishes while preventing skin infections.
- 1 tbsp. of oats (5 g)
- 2 tbsp. of honey (50 g)
- Add the oats to a container and pour the honey in, little by little.
- Mix well.
- Apply to your clean, dry face, starting with your nose and forehead.
- Continue with your cheeks and don’t forget your chin.
- Let sit 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.