Home garlic remedies have been natural antibiotics for ages.
Garlic originates from Central Asia and, famous for its properties and countless therapeutic benefits, it has been used as an alternative medicine in India and Ancient Egypt.
People have also used garlic as a natural remedy to treat, or prevent, a wide variety of diseases.
Garlic is one of the medicinal plants scientifically proven to boast the most curative properties. It’s naturally antibacterial and antiseptic thanks to its high sulfur content.
Among its components are:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, C
Garlic has been shown to be effective against bacteria such as staphylococcus, streptococci, salmonella as well as fungus. In addition, garlic also boosts the body’s defenses by raising white blood cell production.
Natural and Powerful Garlic Remedies
1. Curing the flu
Eating a clove or two of garlic every day could be a way to prevent the flu.
Among garlic’s components, it has a chemical substance called “allicin”. Allicin is effective for fighting against viruses and bacteria.
Chewing and crushing garlic releases allicin, thus allowing us to benefit from its curative properties.
2. Treats varicose veins
Garlic is a huge help when you’re trying to treat varicose veins. However, you have to use the treatment consistently to see results.
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil (48 g)
- lemon juice
- Slice the garlic cloves and mix them with the olive oil and lemon juice in a glass container with a lid.
- Cover and leave to meld for 12 hours.
- Massage the ointment into the affected area using circular motions.
- Using this remedy will activate your blood circulation, reducing the inflammation in the area.
3. Homemade cough syrup
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that can work for any kind of respiratory problem. However, you need to know how to use it.
If you make this syrup, you have to consume it while it’s still fresh. It loses its properties quickly over time.
- 1 previously cooked garlic
- 3 tbsp. of honey (75 g)
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil (48 g)
- Crush or chop the previously cooked garlic.
- Mix it with the honey and, after, with the olive oil.
- When cooking the garlic, don’t expose the it to temperatures higher than 60ºC as it could lose its properties.
The resulting syrup has a relieving affect because it soften the mucus in the bronchial tubes.
This syrup has no side-effects because it only uses natural ingredients and not chemicals.
4. Lowers blood pressure
Garlic also contains potassium, which reduces excess levels of sodium and acts as a wonderful diuretic. It helps remove liquids from the body, preventing them from accumulating.
As a result, it makes for a great treatment to regulate blood pressure.
- 2 grated cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of sugar (100 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Mix the grated garlic together with the sugar and cup of water until it forms a syrup.
- Take two tablespoons a day to lower blood pressure.
5. Eliminates warts
Garlic has antiviral components that’ll take care of the warts that result from human papilloma virus.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bandage
- Crush the garlic into a paste and apply it directly onto the wart.
- Cover the area with the bandage and leave it on the entire night.
- The next morning, take off the bandage and wash off with water. Apply the garlic again and cover with a bandage.
- Repeat the process every day until the wart disappears.
6. Bone and joint pain
Garlic is a powerful ingredient for people who suffer from arthritis thanks to its selenium and sulfur content.
It helps relieve joint pain and inflammation because selenium has anti-rheumatic properties. Patients with arthritis often have low selenium levels in their blood.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of mustard seed oil (30 g)
- Stir-fry the garlic cloves in the 2 tablespoons of mustard seed oil.
- When they turn black, turn off the heat.
- Remove the garlic.
- Let the oil cool and use it to massage the affected area.
- Leave on for at least 3 hours and after, wash off with water.
- Apply two times a day and you’ll notice rapid relief.
Garlic is a natural element that works great for these problems.
However, if you ever have any health-related questions, before you consume any of these garlic remedies you should always see a medical specialist.