For healthy, beautiful hair, you need to be creative. Look no further: mayonnaise hair masks are perfect for reviving your hair. They’re very good at counteracting the daily environmental damage your hair is subjected to.
Neglected hair is dull and hungry. Although you may find mayonnaise-based products at the store, they’ll most likely cost you a small fortune.
5 Homemade Mayonnaise Hair Masks
However, you also have the option of making economical mayonnaise hair masks by yourself at home. Keep reading and give them a try. Then pick your favorite mask and make it a part of your beauty routine.
1. Egg and mayonnaise hair mask for a nutrition boost
Our mayonnaise hair masks are great for extra dry hair, especially this one made with eggs. After applying it, leave it on for several hours for best results. If you can leave it on the entire night, go for it. This mask boasts the following benefits for your hair:
- Gives shine and life to your hair.
- Eliminates dryness and nourishes your scalp.
- Eggs contain antioxidants and proteins that strengthen hair from root to end.
- Using this mask will result in fewer tangles.
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 6 drops of lemon juice
- Beat the egg until it’s uniform in color.
- Beat in the lemon and mayonnaise.
- When the ingredients are completely combined, separate hair into several sections and apply the mask using a brush.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
2. Mayonnaise and vitamin E mask for shiny hair
This mayonnaise and vitamin E mask is wonderful if you want shiny, silky hair. It nourishes hair from the roots to the tips. This mask is intensely moisturizing, making it ideal for dry hair or people with dandruff.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that minimizes hair loss. Use this mask at least once a month if you have dry hair but skip it if your hair is oily.
- 1 egg white (amount for shoulder-length hair)
- 1 tsp. of vitamin E, or the contents of 3 capsules
- 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. of vinegar
- Mix the ingredients together, adding one at a time, with a wooden spoon.
- Heat up the mayonnaise over low heat until the edges look a little transparent.
- Apply the mixture, going in the direction of roots to tips, using a comb or a brush.
- Leave on for 25 minutes.
- Wash off with warm or room-temperature water.
3. Basic mayonnaise hair mask
Out of all the mayonnaise hair masks out there, this one is the simplest. It just uses natural mayonnaise mixed with a few drops of lemon juice yet is very powerful. Its benefits:
- Nourishes your scalp.
- Prevents dryness caused by fungus, which produces dandruff.
- Enhances your hair’s natural shine.
- Easy to find in stores.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- juice of half a lemon
- Heat up the mayonnaise on the stove until warm.
- Add the juice of half a lemon.
- Apply to damp hair.
- Leave on for 15 minutes, then wash off.
4. Mayonnaise, egg and coffee mask
The combination of coffee, mayonnaise and egg works perfectly for dryness and dandruff. Use this mask if you notice that your hair follicles are inflamed, as caffeine can help blood circulation.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. of instant coffee
- Beat the egg and add gradually to the mayonnaise.
- Stir well and add the coffee.
- Apply the mask, going from the roots to the tips, while massaging your scalp.
- After coating all of your hair, leave it on for the entire night.
- Wash off the following day with cold water and sulfate-free shampoo.
Use the mask two times a week until dandruff disappears. You can also opt to use it once a week depending on your needs.
5. Mayonnaise and strawberry mask for oily hair
Is your hair too oily? Since most mayonnaise masks are very moisturizing, skip the ones above if you’re looking for oil-control.
But fortunately, you can still benefit from mayonnaise. However, you’ll need an acidic ingredient, which will be strawberries in this case. Strawberries help deeply clean your hair and unclog hair follicles. The result is a healthier, stronger, cleaner head of hair with a balanced pH.
- 3 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 10 medium strawberries
- Mash the strawberries or use a food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Apply to dry hair, going from the roots to the tips.
- Leave on for 2o minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Which hair mask will you use? If you have oily hair, you can use the last hair mask whenever you like. As for the others, you would ideally use them two times a month at most, and only on the ends of your hair.