Maintaining an active lifestyle can be very beneficial to your health in many ways, including the sexual realm. Therefore, those who exercise regularly notice a better sexual performance on their part; consequently, this affects their well-being.
If you want to improve your sexual performance to have more pleasant encounters, you should put into practice some exercises that you can easily incorporate into any routine or yoga session. We present them below.
What does science recommend for better sexual performance?
Beyond the specific benefits of the exercises that we will list, it is necessary to make it clear that all physical activity will be beneficial for a person’s sexuality. This is confirmed by numerous studies, such as one published by the Journal of Education and Health Promotion.
Physical exercise is considered a great tool to improve sexual performance at various stages of life. This also includes older adulthood, according to a study published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
In the specific case of older women, physical activity plays an important role in enhancing sexual life and the quality of intimate encounters before and after menopause, according to a review published by the same journal, the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
Finally, exercise is also able to collaborate in the treatment of sexual problems, such as erectile dysfunction. According to a study published by Sexual Medicine, moderate or vigorous intensity exercise for 40 minutes performed four times a week helps combat this problem when it is caused by physiological reasons.
1. Squats for better sexual performance
Squats are known as one of the best exercises to strengthen the muscles of the legs and glutes. Likewise, its practice can also contribute during sex, by toning the body and preparing it to last longer when a similar position is performed in sex.
How to do them?
- Spread your feet shoulder-width apart, keep your heels flat on the ground, and bend your knees slightly.
- Go up and down little by little as if you were going to sit down, making sure that the knees do not exceed the line of the feet.
- If you want to increase the intensity, you can use weights or bars to work with loads.
The pelvic lift or bridge is an activity that works the glutes, inner thighs, and hamstrings. Since it also contributes to exercising the pelvic floor, doing so helps to strengthen the female sexual organs, which leads to better sexual experiences, according to a study published by the International Urogynecology Journal.
How to do it?
- Lie down on a yoga mat, place your arms at your sides, and bend your knees.
- Separate your glutes from the floor and raise your pelvis towards the ceiling.
- Hold the posture for as many seconds as you can and gradually increase the time.
- You can also return to the starting position and repeat the exercise as many times as you want, depending on the routine you have planned.
Both trainers and sexual health experts recognize that the abdominal muscles are heavily used during sexual activity, according to an article published by WebMD. Due to this, its strengthening helps to have a better stability to carry out various positions, in addition to enhancing a person’s self-esteem and confidence.
How to do it?
- Lie down on a mat, raise your legs toward the ceiling, and put your arms outstretched above your head.
- Try touching the balls of your feet with your hands and repeat 30 times.
The position of plank or ironing is considered one of the best activities to strengthen the muscles of the middle zone and increase endurance. As in the case of the abs mentioned previously, it is an exercise that can prepare the person for a better sexual performance.
How to do it?
- Put your palms and knees on the floor.
- Make sure your hands are shoulder-width apart and stretch your legs back.
- Support yourself on your hands and balls of your feet and keep your back in a straight line.
- Without lifting your buttocks too much and with your abdomen contracted, hold the position for 20 to 30 seconds.
5. Triceps curls
Having strong, toned arms is crucial to engaging in all types of physical activity, which also includes sex. Thus, working the triceps can help you not to feel tired when performing positions in which the strength of the arms is demanded. Therefore, the following exercise can also help you achieve better sexual performance.
How to do them?
- Support yourself with your hands on the edge of a chair, table, or step.
- Spread your legs hip- width apart and bend your knees so they are at a 90-degree angle.
- A straight line should form between the knees and ankles.
- After making sure of this, begin to lower your glutes towards the floor, keeping your back straight.
- Hold for two seconds and come up to the starting position, relaxing your triceps without letting go of the edge.
For better sex life, change habits
In addition to physical activity, to achieve better sexual performance it is advisable to lead healthy lifestyle habits, such as a good diet. According to a study published by Sexual Medicine Reviews, a low-fat diet can enhance men’s sex lives.
Encourage yourself to do these exercises regularly as part of your routine and begin to improve your fitness and sexual performance. Of course, remember that by themselves they will not work miracles, so you should maintain other healthy lifestyle habits and, if in doubt, consult with the specialist.